If you’re looking for ways to get rid of pests, here are 20 methods that can help. Some are simple, like keeping a clean house, while others require professional help. But all of them can be effective in getting rid of pests.
1. Keep a clean house – one of the best ways to get rid of pests is to make sure your house is clean. Pests are attracted to dirt and clutter, so the cleaner your house is, the less likely they are to stick around.
2. Get rid of food sources – another way to deter pests is to get rid of any potential food sources. This means sealing up food in containers, vacuuming regularly, and taking out the trash frequently.
3. Fix any leaks – pests are attracted to moisture, so fixing any leaks in your home (including dripping faucets and leaky pipes) can help keep them away.
4. Keep your yard clean – just like a clean house, a clean yard is less attractive to pests. Be sure to mow the lawn regularly, trim shrubs and bushes, and remove any piles of debris or leaves.
5. Use pesticides sparingly – while pesticides can be effective, they should be used sparingly because they can also be harmful to people and animals. If you do use pesticides, be sure to follow the directions carefully and keep them out of reach of children and pets.
6. Call in professional help – sometimes, no matter how clean your house is or how many preventative measures you take, pests can still find their way in. If this happens, it’s time to call in professional help. Pest control companies have the experience and knowledge to get rid of even the most stubborn pests.
7. Use natural methods – there are also a number of natural methods you can use to get rid of pests. These include using things like mint, garlic, and cayenne pepper to deter them.
8. Block entry points – another way to keep pests out is to block their point of entry into your home. This means sealing up cracks and crevices, repairing torn screens, and weather-stripping doors and windows.
9. Eliminate hiding places – another way to make your home less attractive to pests is to eliminate their hiding places. This means decluttering, storing food properly, and getting rid of things like piles of newspapers or magazines.
10. Use traps – another effective way to get rid of pests is to use traps. For rodents, this means setting up bait stations with food that will lure them in. For insects, you can use sticky traps or contact traps.
11. Try a pet – sometimes, having a pet can help deter pests because they don’t like the presence of animals. Dogs and cats are especially good at keeping pests away.
12. Keep plants away from your house – since many pests are attracted to plants, it’s important to keep them away from your house. This means trimming any branches or vines that touch your home and keeping shrubs and bushes well-trimmed.
13. Get rid of standing water – since many pests are attracted to water, it’s important to get rid of any standing water around your home. This includes things like birdbaths, pet bowls, and gutters.
14. Use air conditioning – another way to deter pests is to use air conditioning. Many insects don’t like the dry air that AC produces, so they’ll stay away from homes that have it.…